You need to follow few steps to configure your Gmail into the outlook.
Enable IMAP: first thing you need to do is enable IMAP in your Gmail settings. You can only do this when you are using standard view of Gmail in your browser.
- Log in to Gmail account.
- Click on the "gear" button at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on "settings" from the drop down menu.
- Click on "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" menu.
- Click on "Enable IMAP".
- Save the changes.
- Open outlook 2013.
- Select the "file" menu.
- Select "Add Account" in the account information screen.
- Select "Manual setup or additional server types" in the dialogue box.
- Select "POP or IMAP" on the choose service screen.
- Fill in your email ID and password in "user information" box.
- Set up server information:
Account type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- Fill up Log on Information.
- Select "more settings" at right bottom corner.
- Select "outgoing server'.
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Now click on "Advance" tab in the same window.
- Fill up the following:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 25 or 465
Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
- Click "ok".
- Click "next".
- Again click "next".
- Click "finish".
- Now you can access Gmail from outlook.