Troubleshooting steps to fix the issue of youtube is not working!
If you are getting an issue in the YouTube due to which youtube page not loading and not working, and, you are looking for troubleshooting steps, then you can go through following steps and resolve the issue:
On Mozilla Firefox:
- Clear history of Mozilla Firefox and then, try to open YouTube again:
- Click on the library button
- Click on History.
- Now, click on Recent History.
- Select the history that you want to clear:
> A drop down menu appears next to Time range to clear and select the
time duration that you want to clear the history for.
> Select the amount of information that you wish to clear from the history.
> Click on the button Clear Now.
- Set firefox to clear history automatically:
- Click on the Menu button icon.
- Choose the Options.
- Select the panel Privacy & Security.
- Go to the History section.
- Next to Firefox will in the drop down menu, you can choose Use custom settings for History.
- Now, check the box beside the option Clear History when firefox closes.
- Clicking on Settings button that you can find next to Clear History when firefox. Closes and specify the history that you wish to clear.
- In the window of Settings for Clear History, you got to clear the checkboxes before the items that you wish to clear automatically.
- Click on Ok once you have cleared the history. Clicking on OK closes the Setting for Clearing History now.
- If you are still getting the issue of youtube page not loading, then, try to clear the cookies and data for specific website:
- At the left of the address bar, click on the Site info button.
- In the next step, click on Clear Cookies and Site Data.
History includes browsing and download history, form & search bar history, cookies, cache, active logins, site preferences and offline website data.
- If you are facing the same issue on Chrome, go through following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue of youtube not working on Chrome:
> You can close Chrome using Task Manager:
- Click on Control Panel to open it.
- In the upper right search box, you need to type Task Manager.
- Click on View Running processes with Task Manager.
- Now, restart the Chrome and check to see if YouTube video is running.
- Configure settings in Chrome:
> Go to Chrome settings and uncheck the option Use Hardware acceleration when available.
Method has been proved to be useful for many Chrome users who had the same issue as this one. Go through following procedure to change the settings:
> open Chrome browser.
> Click on More icon that you can find at the upper right corner.
> Now, select Settings.
> Click on Show Advanced settings that you can find at the bottom.
> Go to the System section.
> In the System section, you need to uncheck the box that you can find before the
option Use hardware acceleration when available.
- If you still get the issue of youtube not working on chrome, then, go through following procedure to clear the cache:
> Open Chrome browser.
> Click on More icon.
> In the More icon, you got to point to More tools and click on Clear Browsing Data.
> Tick the checkbox that you can find next to Cookies and other site plug in data.
> You need to also ensure that checkbox next to Cached images and files is ticked.
Go through above steps to troubleshoot the issue of youtube is not getting loaded.