Get stuck with printer error 709? Get complete information to fix the issue
There are times when a printer user faces some issue with the functioning of its printer and this makes life not less than a hell. And it becomes the major concern for a user to get it resolved as soon as possible and to do so, the user tries all the possible things that can be done to rectify the issue. Moreover, we understand that pain of yours of not getting prints due to an error. And hence we have brought a solution for the issue that states operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) network printer.
This article is brought to you in the wake of delivering all the possible help that can lessen your burden of not working of your printer. So basically you need to do one simple thing that is following the steps mentioned in this article.
Why I am seeing operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) network printer?
If you are seeing error 709 on your printer then the reason behind showing this error is a problem with the registry settings and you would not be able to set up your new printer as the default printer. As the previous one is already set up and due to some glitch your registry ain't allowing you to make it default and prioritizes the previous printer and shows Printer error 709.
Now as you are aware of the reason for seeing this error, it is time to resolve it without wasting the time and you can get rid of this issue by simply following the steps mentioned below. All you need is to perform the steps as mentioned here.
Procedure to rectify the Printer error 709 manually
If you are exhausted with printer error and continuously looking out for a step by step manual then you should stop bothering about it. And now you need to follow the given steps in order to resolve the issue by making changes to your registry files.
- First and foremost, you would require to press Windows Key and 'R' key simultaneously to go to 'Run' Window.
- After that, you need to type 'REGEDIT' and click Enter in order to get Registry Editor.
- Further, you are required to go to the location; HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows
- And then, you should right-click on the 'Windows' folder and select the Permissions option.
- Thereafter, you would require to mark the checkbox of Full Control and click on the OK option in the Administrator section.
- Also, you would require to mark the checkbox of Full Control and click on the OK option in the Username section.
- Now you are required to delete the given registry if exists:
- Besides, you should set the default printer again to rectify Printer error 709.
Once you are done with the above steps you would not be facing this issue again but somehow you are not able to resolve this problem and the issue still persists, then, you should try for another method.
Another method to resolve printer error 709 through 'Run as Administrator'
- First of all, you would require to click on the Start button of your windows screen.
- Then you should choose the Devices & Printers option.
- After that, from the list of available devices, you need to make a right-click on the name of your printer and from the drop-down menu click on the 'See what's printing' option.
- Further, you need to choose the Open as Administrator option.
- Moreover, you would require to click on the 'Set As Default Printer' option from the main menu. Most importantly, if you have already opened it as Administrator then you would not be seeing this option.
With the above method, you would definitely not see operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) network printer issue with your printer. On the off chance, you could not settle this issue by performing the above steps, in that case, you should worry about it and immediately contact the printer customer service support team where you would get a reliable and complete solution for the issue within the least possible time.