How To Get HP Printers Online If They Show Offline
HP has one of the best products when it comes to the electronics like computers, laptops, printers and all. But the electronics are machines only and that is an enough reason for saying that there will definitely come some technical issues with time. But what if it has some problem with connectivity? The question you will go for searching is my HP printer is showing offline, how do I get it online, right? So, for that problem, the article is perfect. Follow the steps below and the trouble will be solved.
- You have to reboot your printer by shutting off and then turning it on again. Give the printer some time so that it could finish rebooting.
- Check whether the printer is plugged properly in the computer or whether it has the connectivity of the network. If the printer is the networked unit, then double-check the link light that is present at the back of the printer just to make sure that it is flashing the color green.
- Now, logon to the computer with the account having “Manage Printers” rights. The local administrator account is enough in most cases.
- Click “Start” and then click the button “Devices and Printers”.
- After that, right click the printer and now select “See What’s Printing” just to display the print spooler window.
- Now, click button “Printer” and then select “Use Printer Offline” so that the check mark is removed. The printer will come online at this point. But if doesn’t happen so, go for following steps:
- Click the printer spooler window and then return to “Devices and Printers.”
- Then open any web browser and download the latest drive that is present for the printer from the HP website.
- Keep following the steps with the driver so that you can install it. If the printer still doesn’t go online, go for below steps:
- Simply click the “Start” button and then click the option “Control Panel.”
- Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box that is present at the upper-right corner of that window. Click the link “troubleshooting” when that appears on the main window.
- Click the option “Use a Printer” which is present under Hardware and Sound.
- Now keep on following the on-screen instructions. The troubleshooter will find the issue that is occurring and will fix it too. If it will not be able to solve the issue, then it will be giving some further guidance by addressing the trouble and you can get it fixed.