How to remove crawl errors from Google Webmaster
Sometimes the URLs get blocked for some devices and it appears on the URL error section as crawl errors. Website crawl error prevents a page from appearing as a search result. So it is very important to remove crawl errors as soon as possible.
If you are looking for how to remove crawl errors from Google Webmaster then you have landed on the right page and the following remedies will cure your problem.
Steps to remove crawl errors:
If you are confronting crawl errors from your Google Webmaster then you can follow the enlisted steps to get a genuine solution.
- First of all, you need to click on a URL displayed,
- It will display a pop up dialogue with two sub-tabs namely Error Details and Linked from.
- After that, go to the Linked tab and there, it will display what pages or sources linked to a not existing page on your website. If you made changes to an URL that exists and consists a web page then it will cause the issue.
- Here, what you need to do is simply redirect the old URL to the new one.
- For the unknown URLs, you can consider to direct them to the home page or a similar page.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can remove your existing errors.
Also, you can fix your problem with the help of Google Webmaster tools that provide the best solution to it. But before using that, you need to create an account with Google webmaster tools to proceed.
In order to continue with the process, login to your Webmaster Tools account and switch to Crawl Errors. Select the errors you want to fix for and proceed with the process.
An alternative to check and fix crawl errors is to install a free WordPress plugin named Broken Link Checker.