What is Norton antivirus error 3048 3: Norton Antivirus error 3048 3 is an error that appears and crashes the active program window. It mainly appears during the installation of a program, during Windows shutdown or startup and even when a Symantec-related software program is running. This error originates from the Symantec LiveUpdate servers where it faces difficulties in establishing a connection.
What are the root causes of Norton Antivirus error 3048:
- It causes the corruption in Windows registry from a recent Norton AntiVirus-related software change.
- The device may be suffering with the virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Norton AntiVirus-related program files.
- Due to the corrupt download or incomplete installation of Norton AntiVirus software.
How to fix Norton antivirus error 3048 3 and how it can be prevented:
If your device is facing the norton antivirus error 3048 3 then you can fix the problem by following the enlisted steps:
- Start with the Norton and switch in the main window.
- Click on the Security option and then click the LiveUpdate button.
- Wait for the Live Update to be finished. When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click on the OK button.
- Now, Run LiveUpdate until it displays a message "Your Norton product has the latest protection updates".
- After that, restart the computer.
- After doing so, if the problem persists and switch to the next procedure.
In the next phase download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool:
- If you have already installed the Norton Family then uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Now download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and save the file to the Windows desktop.
- The file gets automatically saved to the default location on some browsers.
- You can download the Downloads window in your browser by pressing the Ctrl + J key.
- Click the NRnR icon twice and read the license agreement.
- Click on the Agree button.
- After that, tap the Remove & Reinstall option.
- It will display the Remove button if the Norton product is from your service provider.
- Click on the Continue or Remove option and then tap the Restart Now button.
- After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions and reinstall the Norton product.