How to fix Google Play Error Code 920?
Error 920 is one of the common problems widely faced by the Play Store users when they try to download or install something on their Android device. There are many possible reasons behind this error 920 in Google Play Store. But it’s very important to resolve this problem as soon as possible to get back to the Play Store related services. But only fewer users know about the solutions to fix error 920 in Play Store even it’s very easy and simple.
In this article, you will be learned about the ways to fix Google Play Error 920 in just simple and easy steps.
Check the internet connection
A proper internet connection is one of the most important things to do before using any app because sometimes poor internet connectivity caused several problems. You can check your Wi-Fi connection in your device and also be switched it to the mobile data.
Use another Google account
Due to the mail server error, Play Store doesn’t respond sometimes. But you can try another Google account to resolve this problem. For this, follow the below steps:
- Open the Settings on your Android device and then tap on the Accounts.
- Tap on Google Accounts.
- Now select your Google account from the list and then tap on it.
- Now tap on Remove option to remove your Google account.
- After that, add another Google account and try to access the Play Store.
Clear the Google Play caches
Sometimes unwanted caches also stop Play Store to respond. If you want to resolve this problem, then you can clear the caches as given below:
- Go to the Settings on your Android.
- Tap on the Application Manager.
- Now tap on Google Play Store.
- Now tap on Clear Caches and Clear Data tab.
- After that, restart your device to complete the process.
With the help of above-described steps, you can smoothly fix Google Play Error 920 problem in a very simple and easy manner. For any other assistance, contact with Play Store support team.