Resolve the issue of Adobe flash player is blocked with following steps!
Adobe Flash player is a plug -in that allows a user to see audio and video on websites. However, if you see the information that adobe player is missing, this might be due to the reason that adobe flash player is blocked. To make the Adobe Flash player work again, you need to troubleshoot this issue. If you are using the chrome browser and getting this issue, then, you need not to worry as the issue can be resolved using certain troubleshooting steps. Chrome browser supports the adobe flash player and by resolving the issue you can make the sites to play Flash videos, animations and games.
how do i unblock Adobe flash player on chrome
To know about how do i unblock Adobe flash player on chrome, go through following troubleshooting steps to fix the error in Chrome:
- Enable Flash player:
- Open the Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/content.
- After typing the above command in the address bar, press Enter.
- Now, on the content settings page, you are required to scroll down and click on the Flash button.
- Ensure that toggle is set to Ask First.
- Setting the toggle to Ask First ensures that user is allowed to use Flash for specific sites.
- In the next procedure, the user has to navigate to the page or site on which Flash is enabled, now, you are required to click on the lock icon that you can find to the URL right.
- When you click on the lock icon, a drop down menu appears and you need to click on Site Settings.
- On the page of Site Settings, you need to click on the drop down menu that you can find on the right of the Flash and then, you are required to select Allow.
- Once you have clicked on Allow, it enables the Flash and you are required to navigate back to the page and refresh the page so that you can view the Flash content.
- If Flash player has already been enabled but you still get any kind of issue, then, you need to ensure if website is not blocked from accessing Flash player:
- On the Chrome browser, you click on triple dot icon that you can see beside the URL address.
- Paste the URL address chrome://settings/content/flash.
- Pasting the URL address in the address bar prompts up the Block list.
- In the given block list, look out whether the website that you want to run the flash on is not in the list.
- If you see the concerned website on the block list, you need to remove it from there so that adobe can be run on the website.
- Now, to check if the adobe flash player is working, you got to reload the web page and the web page asks you to access Flash player.
- If still getting the issue of adobe player is blocked, you can go through the procedure of checking site information:
- To check the site information and to make adobe work on this website on Chrome, you are required to click on lock icon.
- When you click on the lock icon, you need to click on Settings.
- In the Settings, search for Flash icon, when you find the icon, you got to click on Allow.
- You got to reload the page in Chrome.
- Another troubleshooting step that you can try is updating flash player in Chrome:
- Open the Chrome browser on your device.
- Paste the URL chrome://components in the address bar.
- Pasting the URL gives the list of components that are available in chrome.
- In the components list, find Adobe Flash player component.
- Check the status of the component, if it prompts up the status up to date, it signifies the flash player is updated and updated flash works on all websites.
- Other way is to check for updates and if it gives that updates are available, then, get it updated as soon as possible.
- Reload the website to check if adobe flash player is working.
- Other troubleshooting method that you can try is updating chrome. You can update chrome with following procedure:
- Open the chrome browser on your device.
- On the chrome browser page, click on More icon that you can find at the top right.
- If it prompts up the update option, you need to click on Update Google chrome.
- Once you have clicked on it, the chrome starts updating itself, it takes few moments to get the Chrome updated, if there is excellent network connectivity.
Go through above steps to resolve the error of adobe flash player is blocked on chrome.