Google Assistant not responding
Google Assistant is a great invention for those people who want to perform searches and other tasks without using their fingers. With its ever-increasing functionality, this application is becoming an integral part of the smart phone users. Yes, there are situations when this application doesn’t work. If you are a victim, you need to check whether you have enabled it or not. You will need to allow your Google Assistant even if your device is compatible. In the case of some devices, you will need to download the Google Assistant from Google Play store. Let’s discuss the process of enabling it.
Is your Google Assistant turned on?
- Open the Google app
- Go to the top-left portion of the window
- Click on the three line icon
- Navigate to the HAMBURGER menu
- Open the GOOGLE ASSISTANT window now
- Click on the SETTINGS icon
- Hit TURN ON then
Is your Google Home connected and responding?
You won’t be able to take the benefit of Google Assistant if your Google Home is not working. Maybe it is connected, but Google Assistant not responding. In this situation, the first thing you can do is to check whether the microphone is switched on. If it is switched off, four yellow lights will appear on the light ring. Move your Google Home if any noisy appliance is creating problems for your Google Assistant. Reboot your Google Home as the final option. The reboot is considered as a great way to deal with hardware problems.
Do you have a location-related issue?
- Open the Google Home app on your phone
- Select MORE SETTINGS
- Scroll downwards and select PERSONAL INFO here
- Now you need to tap HOME & WORK LOCATIONS
- Enter the address of your current location
Is Google Assistant not working after recent update?
There are situations when the Google Assistant stops working after updating the Google app. In every occasion, Google releases some software updates. Maybe the next or next to next update will resolve your issue; i.e., Google Assistant not working properly. So do not panic. Just uninstall the current update by following the SETTINGS – APPS – GOOGLE APP path.
Is your device fulfilling the basic requirements?
- Google Play services
- Google app version 6.13 or higher
- Display resolution has to be 720p or higher
- 1.5 GB of RAM or higher
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow or higher
- Phone language set to English (US, UK, Canada, India, Australia), German, Korean, Japanese, French (France, Canada), and Portuguese (Brazil)
Do you have a connectivity issue with your Google Assistant?
Google Home will not respond you correctly if it has a connection issue. If you are a victim of this situation, just turn off the speaker and then turn it on. If it doesn’t settle your issue, make a double check of all the devices connected to your Google Home. Or maybe the wireless connection is not strong enough to reach your device. Bringing it closer is the suggestion for you in this regard.